Anges Québec joins Ecofuel Accelerator's Partner Fund Circle
On parle de nous
The Ecofuel Accelerator, a specialized and personalized accelerator in the cleantech sector, announces the creation of the Partner Funds’ Circle.
Montreal, January 28, 2021 – The Ecofuel Accelerator, a specialized and personalized accelerator in the cleantech sector, announces the creation of the Partner Funds’ Circle. The initiative, which aims to increase investors participation in the acceleration program, attract even more investments in the accelerated companies and stimulate entrepreneurship within the cleantech sector, regroups Cycle Capital and its impact watertech fund BleuImpact Fund, Export Development Canada, Anges Québec and Second Muse Capital Montreal.
As members of the Circle, the investors will participate to the selection process and have access to curated strategic market intelligence on specific cleantech subsectors, exclusive conferences, and private meetings with the Ecofuel Accelerator alumnis.
In return, members will provide mentorship and review investment opportunities presented by the accelerated companies in the purpose of investment.
More partner funds will be added in the coming months.
- “The Ecofuel Accelerator is committed to further grow the cleantech ecosystem. The Partner Funds’ Circle, for which additional partners have already expressed their interest, aims to mobilize the financial ecosystem around the most talented cleantech entrepreneurs to support their growth strategy” – Patrick Gagné, President and CEO, Ecofuel Accelerator
- “As Founders of the Ecofuel Accelerator, we’re proud to see some of our Limited Partners join the Partner Funds’ Circle. At Cycle, we are convinced that a very closed-knit investors ecosystem is key to drive growth in the sector and this announcement embodies the Board’s strategic decision to provide acceleration programs that will benefit to the whole ecosystem” – Andrée-Lise Méthot, Founder and Managing Partner, Cycle Capital, Chairwoman of the Ecofuel Accelerator
- “This strategic alliance provides entrepreneurs with the tools and capital required to enable the commercial deployment of their environmental solutions at scale” – Simon Olivier, Senior Partner at Cycle Capital and Lead of the BleuImpact Fund powered by Cycle Capital.
- “Cleantech is a strategic priority for EDC and we are proud to be joining Ecofuel Accelerator’s group of partners in helping to accelerate the growth of Canadian cleantech companies. In 2020 alone, EDC supported close to 285 Canadian Cleantech companies with financial solutions and is committed to continue to work with the cleantech ecosystem to create more of Canada’s future trade opportunities.” - Sophie Dumoulin, Director Cleantech, EDC.
- “Anges Québec is proud to formalize its collaboration with Ecofuel, since the appetite of our angel investors for the clean technology sector has been growing strongly for several years. Not only is their interest in this sector strong, many have expertise to share with entrepreneurs. '' - Geneviève Tanguay, CEO of Anges Québec.
- “I’m happy to actively support the Ecofuel Accelerator – a key actor in Quebec for the development of Green Tech startups. We collectively need serious efforts towards a decarbonized economy, and entrepreneurial innovation is a great path towards that goal. I hope that SecondMuse Capital's CLIO Fund and its environmental and social impact ambitions will multiply the positive outcomes for Montreal and the world. The future economy, benefiting people and protecting the planet, starts now.” – Sylvain Carle, Senior Director, SecondMuse Capital Montreal.
About the Ecofuel Accelerator
The Ecofuel Accelerator is a specialized and personalized accelerator dedicated to the cleantech startups. Founded by Cycle Capital, the accelerator works with entrepreneurs who develop and commercialize clean technologies to help build globally competitive companies. The Ecofuel Accelerator offers entrepreneurs a specialized and personalized program of training workshops, networking sessions, experienced mentors and gives access to the investors to some of the most promising Canadian cleantech ventures.
In addition to the funding provided by the Quebec Government, the Ecofuel Accelerator benefits from the collaboration of Cycle Capital, Ecotech Québec, Fasken, and the City of Montréal. For more info: www.ecofuelaccelerate.com
VP, Sustainability, Investor Relations and Public Affairs
+1 514 629-1022
Web : ecofuelaccelerate.com
Twitter : @ecofuelstartups
LinkedIn : Ecofuel Accelerator