Our Selection Criteria and Process
We favor management teams with recognized skills and experience. We also value your passion and commitment, as well as your ability to inspire future partners such as employees, customers and investors. Keep in mind that the credibility and openness of your team are essential when the angels advise and guide you in your project
Type of projects we look for :
- Residential condominiums and residential multi-rental, commercial condominiums and commercial multi-rental;
- Innovative a strong asset;
- Development of a promising real estate project for their region;
- An equity request of a minimum of $300K;
- An entrepreneur searching for value-added capital.
Sectors of investment
Anges Québec invests in all sectors of new construction, but is more particularly looking for innovative companies in the following sectors:
- Residential condominiums and multi-rental residential
- Commercial condominiums and commercial multi-rental
The angels are all qualified investors and have recognized competence and experience in diverse industries. One of the main benefits of angels is to provide ongoing mentorship and accessibility to a business network. This is only possible when a professional compatibility exists between the investors and entrepreneur.
Our members seek attractive returns when investing in projects. Early on, we must therefore clearly understand your exit strategy.
First step :
Preliminary analysis of the project by the Anges Québec real estate team.
If your project meets the established criteria, a meeting will be organized to further analyze the project.
Second step :
If your project is selected by the Anges Québec real estate team, you will be invited to present your project to angel investors in the form of an 8-minute pitch.
Meeting with angel investors :
- First, you will be invited to take part in a series of 3 meetings, which are determined in advance. This goal of these meetings is to peak the angel investors' interest for your project. You will have to present the attributes of your project in an 8 minute pitch. The Anges Québec team is available to help you prepare for your presentation.
- A second meeting, lasting approximately 90 minutes, will be organized with angels who have shown an interest. The presentation will be more detailed and will allow you to expose your project directly to potential investors.
- Confirmation of interest and investment by the angels and choice of the angel lead who will accompany the promoter throughout the project.
Next step :
Negotiation of the preliminary partnership agreement (term sheet) and due diligence. Following a due diligence satisfactory to the angels we will proceed to the closing.
Tell us about your real estate project