Anges Québec Capital is seeking an Investment Analyst
February 28, 2017
Anges Québec Capital is a joint investment fund set up in order to support the members of the Anges Québec network who invest in innovative businesses, in the seed and startup phases, throughout Québec.
Anges Québec Capital is seeking a full-time Investment Analyst, based in Montréal. Reporting to the VP Investment, the incumbent will provide technical support to the team as part of the preparation of investment files, and will collaborate in managing and monitoring the business’s ownership equity.
- Perform fundamental research and analysis of projects, quality of the business model, ability to create value, potential growth and risks that the project will face.
- Participate in the preparation, revision and presentation of management reports and follow-up files submitted to our sponsors, various committees or board of directors.
- Follow the evolution of the financial results of portfolio files.
- Revise and analyze the legal documents associated with the investments (offer letter, Shareholders’ Agreement, Subscription Agreement).
- Keep a strategic watch, stay current with best business and contractual practices, governance, and market trends in terms of venture capital in Québec, as part of an ongoing improvement process.
- Accomplish any other related task that could the incumbent could be entrusted with.
- Bachelor of arts in finance, business administration or accounting. A CFA or CPA title would be an asset.
- 5 years of experience in financing SMBs and/or in the venture capital field.
- Have knowledge of and interest in innovation, business startups and the Québec industrial fabric.
- Be an accomplished communicator (oral and written).
- Know how to persuade and enjoy sharing your knowledge.
- Be capable of developing business relationships in the investment sector, to help businesses access development capital.
- Have financial modelling skills and master Office Suite.
- Ability to speak functional English.
- Be client oriented and able to manage priorities.
- Respect the Company’s ethics and values.
- Autonomy and initiative
- Intellectual curiosity
- Critical and analytical thinking, quality mentality
- Exacting quality standards
- Team work
- Communication skills
You have until 5:00 p.m. on March 15 to send your application to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.