Anges Québec Capital II is an investment fund which invests jointly with angel investors in innovative businesses in the start-up phase and in the early stages, throughout the province.
We are looking for a full-time Investment Manager, based in Montréal. The person we are seeking must be passionate about innovation, technology and disruptive business models. They must be well-connected in the network of start-ups, incubators, accelerators and other organizations that help entrepreneurs in Québec.
Reporting to the VP Investments, the Investment Manager will be responsible for analyzing investment opportunities, participating in due diligence and making recommendations to the decision makers. The holder of this position must have good legal knowledge, since they will have to analyze and make recommendations on legal documentation related to investments.
The Investment Manager will also have to be involved as an observer in the businesses in their portfolio, contribute to creating value in the financed businesses, participate in evaluating the fair market value of companies and making recommendations, by demonstrating critical thinking and judgement concerning reinvestment opportunities. Finally, this person will have to represent Anges Québec Capital before potential investors and have good business development skills.
What Anges Québec Capital offers you :
- Flexible schedules
- Possibility of teleworking
- Group insurance
- Fun activities organized for employees
- Encouraging environment to share ideas and implement new ways of doing things
- Dynamic, professional and high-performing team
- Modern work environment (Espace CDPQ)
Ideal Profile :
- A. in accounting/finances
- 5 to 10 years of experience in business financing
- Excellent knowledge of Quebec business law
- CPA or CFA title (an asset)
- Strong financial modelling skills
- Master Office Suite tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Bilingual (English / French, oral and written), with impeccable written French
- Interest in innovation, start-up businesses and the Quebec start-ups environment.
- Analysis and synthesis skills
- Effective oral and written communications skills
- Critical thinking and judgement
- Sense of ethics
- Professional rigour
We invite you to send us your presentation letter and curriculum vitae to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org